Tuesday, January 1, 2013

This is my New Year's resolution. This year I will dedicate myself to the task of learning to be still and quiet without guilt, thereby accomplishing inner peace. To enjoy and be satisfied with my own company, thereby bannishing loneliness. To cultivate a spirit of sincere gratitude, thereby creating a true appreciation for not only the blessings in my life, but the trials as well. To live more fully and authentically the professions of my faith in an effort to discover my own inner Goddess. Blessed be...

IT IS MY FIRM RESOLVE TO LIVE MORE FULLY. Didn't realize the cap lock was on but I think I'll leave it that way. Not going to spend hours of my precious life playing card games on the computer. I will connect with live people and endeavor to build more relationships.

 Already I have attempted to reconnect with my sister via FB. These messages go back to April 2012 and come up to today. I honestly don't see how my responses could be taken as an offense. Awaiting her reply to my last post.
Sherry Young
You play these games, but you won't talk to your family! What is wrong with you?
  • May 9
  • Scharrion Brown
    The answer is in the question, isn't it? Besides, that works both ways.
    • Sherry Young
      Sherry Young
      You play these games, but you won't talk to your family! What is wrong with you?
      • May 9
      • Scharrion Brown
        The answer is in the question, isn't it? Besides, that works both ways.
        • Sherry Young
          I'm not good at riddles, Katie. Charles and MOm have tried to get hold of you. I am 500 miles away and don't have a clue where you live or what your number is. The only possible contact is on FB and you don't comment on anything I say to you. You have pushed your family out of your life. Is that what you really want?
          • Scharrion Brown
            What you say is untrue, I have responded each and every time you messaged me. No one has called me or messaged me on FB. No one has shown any interest until now. I have commented on yours and the kids postings. What's the sudden interest? You have made repeated visits over the years down here but not once have you contacted me to get together. I would find out you were here through a third party. So what difference does it make if you're 5 or 500 hundred miles away, you don't really enjoy my company or care about my life, my problems, my hopes and dreams, my pain. I didn't push anyone out of my life, Sherry, you've never really been in it, have you? I love you guys with all of my being, but I refuse to accept all the blame. What's wrong with me? This is how you invite a loved one, by assigning guilt? You told me the last time I saw you that you didn't want to hear it and I have honored that demand. I keep my mental health issues to myself so as not to burden and further embarrass anyone. What's wrong with me?
            • Sherry Young
              What a terrible misconception you have of me. What blame are you talking about? Never been in your life?? I think you're delusional when it comes to your family and it's not hard to figure out why. Maybe if you turned back to Jesus your life would be different. Never doubt my love for you. I have never told you I didn't want to hear what you had to say. Did someone convince you of that? I am not going to fight with you because there wouldn't be a winner.
              • December 24
              • Scharrion Brown
                Hey, wishing you a very happy birthday. I sent you a b-day and Christmas card but they were returned. I used 50 Orange Rd. Box 436-B. Came back "attemptrd-nt known unable to forward. ??? Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas.
                Sherry Young
                Thank you. That means allot. 20 Orangewood Rd. Merry Christmas sister.
                • Wednesday
                • Scharrion Brown
                  I had 50 Orange Road and the box number 436-B. You'd think the post office could figure that out. You are never far from my mind and always in my heart.
                  • Sherry Young
                    The box number was the rural route and that has been out of use for many years, so they probably don't even refer to that anymore. I don't think there is an Orange Rd. in Texarkana. It was a good effort, anyhow. :0)
                    I love you with all my heart, but I don't know what to say to make conversation. Was gonna ask how was your Christmas, but then I thought, she doesn't celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.
                    I have no clue what your address is.
                    • Today
                    • Scharrion Brown
                      Just because I choose to honor the Divine in a different way and/or by a different name does not mean I do not respect your way. I simply have a different truth. If I were a Buddhist, Taoist or a Jehova's Witness would you still have difficulty in conversing with me? Most of the differences in our chosen paths are merely semantics, afterall. You call it prayer, I call it meditation. You call it a miracle and I call it magic. The basis of both faiths is LOVE.
                      Opinion is based on fact, judgement on fear. I am not offended by opinion but by judgement.
                      I do not discount Christianity, in fact, I find great wisdom and guidance through Holy Skrit and the lives of authentic Christians. However, I choose to be proactive and personally responsible for researching and understanding what it is, how it came to be and why I believe what I do rather than submit to a politically motivated heirarchy who tell me what to believe and how to act and react based in fear. I did not come to this path easily or without discernment.
                      My faith, my understanding changes every day through study and experience. Rather than seperating us, Pagans and Christians, it is my hope that it may serve to bring us closer together through open conversation and an honest exchange of ideas.
                      And I did celebrate Christmas with those friends and family who adhere to this belief and, through a sharing of mutual respect, they joined me in my celebration of Yule, the winter solstice.
                      We can talk about the things that unite us without allowing our differences to seperate us. I love you, Sherry, always have, always will
                      • Seen 2:32 PM
                        Select messages to forwardSelect messages to deleteSelect messages to mark as spam
                        Uploading attachments...

                        •  
                        •  
                           
                        • No comments:

                          Post a Comment